Care Proceedings

A Local Authority may apply to court for an order in relation to your children. This is usually called care proceedings. This would be if social services (also sometimes called “Children’s Services” or “Social Care”) are very concerned about your children.

We will be able to make an application for you for legal aid so that we can advise and represent you throughout the entire process.  If you are a parent of a child involved in care proceedings, or a person who holds parental responsibility for that child, then you will be eligible for free legal aid.

We are experienced in representing parents in these court proceedings, and ensuring the best possible outcome. We will give you clear advice throughout the court proceedings. We know that the prospect of court can be very daunting and  emotional, and we will help you with the process, and explain what is expected of you at each stage.

We have successfully represented people facing serious allegations and have significant experience in dealing with complex cases.

We act for parents, and grandparents and other family members who may wish to care for children in the family. We also represent children in care proceedings, when we are instructed by Children’s Guardians.  We can also offer advice in circumstances where the  court has made a final care order regarding issues such as  the possibility of discharging that care order or the possibility of opposing the making of an adoption order.

Our team is highly skilled and specialised, with three solicitors who are members of the Law Society Children’s Panel.

We offer a free first interview and would be happy to discuss your concerns and how we can help.