The end of the year is drawing closer and as it is a time for giving, we are reflecting on what we, as a firm, gave to the community (aside from the obvious legal advice; after all we are a law firm!!) and we must say 2018 has been a fantastic year in terms of fund raising.
Here are just a few events we have been involved in:-
• Supporting Cancer Research UK Free Will Service for over 55’s;
• Jeans for Genes Day, which saw us raise over £196.00;
• Myton Hospice Will Week, which saw our three offices raise a staggering £2,695.00;
• Shakespeare’s’ Hospice Will Week and their Jolly Jumper Day to help raise funds;
• The Great Penmans Bake Off, where we have raised over £515.00 for the Buddy Scheme via Coventry and Warwickshire Mind;
• And not forgetting the involvement of members of the firm in the organisation of the Coventry Family Courts Carol Service (now in its 8th year), this year also supporting the Buddy Scheme;
• the Age UK legal and wills clinics (and other advise sessions that we cannot name) where we attend to give independent, confidential and free advice to people attending;
• The Looked After Children of Coventry Christmas Present Campaign, which saw staff and friends of Penmans buy toys, so that no child in Coventry will be without a present.
By all accounts, it certainly has been busy but ultimately rewarding! It feels good to be in a position to help others, be part of the community and make a difference.
We are proud of our motto – ‘the Law Firm that puts client’s first’ because without you we wouldn’t exist – so thank you to all those who have supported us in our endeavours and continue to do so year on year.
We look forward to 2019 and the opportunities it brings.